Monday, February 19, 2007

Joining the Blogosphere

I guess the last laugh is on me.

I had always been one to laugh at blogs. It just seemed like another sad sign of today's generation. A generation of "me." A generation who feels the need to express their individualim, making themselves heard by all.

But today I join the blogosphere. For myself. And possibly for the benefit of others.

For myself because as it gives me a way to digest the Chassidus that I learn. It allows me the chance to transform a Sicha, Maamer, or Perek Tanya from words on page into ideas that that I can live with. It gives me the ability to live not learn, internalize not chazer, digest not exude.

And possibly for others as well. For there must be others who sometimes feel that Chasidus does not speak to them. Is there anyone else out there that never quite related to the idea of Ahava Krishfei Aish? Am I the only one who has struggled to see the affect of the hundreds of hours I've spent learning about the world being Yesh M'Ain? Is there no one else who wondered why it is important to understand the difference between Penimious Atik and Chizonious Atik?

Somehow I doubt I'm the only one.

So as I begin my first post, the blog's objective is clear. I will not use this blog to express my opinions on today's "Youth at Risk,"and Politics. I am going to relucatantly hold back my views regarding our Chinnuch system. I will also spare you the details of my personal life. No daily "dear diary"...no shidduch talk...

Rather, this blog is an attempt to adapt the several hours of Chassidus that I learn daily into simple ideas that we can all relate to. It might be a Maamer. Maybe a Sicho. Possibly a Chassidshe Maaseh. But regardless of the source, the goal will be the same. Chassidus should be something we not only "her" but also "derher..."

I doubt that this blog will have a long life span. I will most likely not find the time to keep it up. And time will tell whether this blog will actually be visited by others. In the event that does happen, please leave your comments and views. Chassidus is meant to be discussed.

A quick personal request. If you think you know who the author of the blog is...well, you're probably wrong. And if you do happen to be right...then good for you! Just please do me a favor and keep it to yourself.

5 comments:

Chaya said...

your blogs are so good, i see no reason for you to keep it to yourself who you are! let people know how much you ahve to offer so that they can approach you, learn with you, learn from you (chassidus teaches against false humility!, you have such an ability to give over ideas, let other's gain from you in person! teach at a local Shliach, write articles for CH.info, Chabad.org etc., let school papers put your articles inside...you ahve a lot of potential, whoever you are.

Daily Derher said...

Hey - thanks for your kind words, but let's not overdo it :) .

What I'm doing is Shayach to everyone. I'm just a regular person trying to relate what what I learn to the way I live...

Try doing the same...and post it...

Chaya said...

Honestly, I wasn't trying to praise you stam! I was trying to tell you how much you can do with your ability to write and express yourself so well! At least, post your blog site at other blogs so that more people can know about this and read what you have here. We need things like this desperatly today.

Anonymous said...

I just went on to your blog site for the first time and read and read...Wow!! Unbelievable quantity of deep chassidus, in a most lucid, practical and inspiring manner. Are you sure you're not Y. Jacobson? I actually think you're up there with the best...Keep it up and your efforts should accomplish much hafatza..

chanie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.